- 150 g butter
- 200 g sugar
- 2 small eggs
- 350 g flour
- 1 1/2 sachets of baking powder (24 g)
- 2 untreated lemons
- 3/4 glass of milk
- 1 kg Golden Delicious apples
- 2 tablespoons of apricot jam.
• Sieve the flour and baking powder together.
• Grate the rind of the lemons and squeeze them.
• Peel the apples and cut each one into eight pieces.
Soak them in the lemon juice.
• Cream together 120 g softened butter with 150 g of the sugar and the egg yolks, until the mixture is fluffy. Add the flour a little at a time, followed by the other ingredients, and lastly, the egg whites, beaten until stiff. The end mixture must not be too soft.
• Line the Paellera pan with greaseproof paper greased with butter. Pour in the mixture, cover with the apple slices and then sprinkle with the remaining sugar and small knobs of butter.
• Bake at 180°C for about 45 minutes.
• Boil the strained jam in a small pan with the juice of half a lemon and brush onto the cake while still hot.
• Serve warm.
Useful information: to stop sliced apples or pears from turning darker due to oxidation, sprinkle them with lemon juice. Jam melted with lemon juice is the perfect touch for this cake.