Sausage, frankfurters and bacon with white and yellow polenta
- 2 frankfurters
- 1 long, thin sausage
- 2 slices of bacon
- 2 slices of white polenta and 2 slices of yellow polenta
- 2 dl white wine (not too dry)
- 1 tablespoon of oil – pepper for milling – a clove of garlic, rosemary, sage, bay leaf, thyme, myrtle.
• Score the frankfurters.
• Roll the long sausage into a spiral form together with a few sage leaves; fix into place with a skewer and pierce in several points to allow the fat to drain out; then marinate.
• Oil the slices of polenta and cut them into diamond shapes.
• Fill the base of the Smokefree grill pan to the limit with water.
• Heat the grill pan well and then place the meat (thoroughly dried) on it.
• Cook everything together, turning it until it is golden brown and crunchy.
Useful information: it is always best to pierce sausages with a needle or a skewer to allow the fat to
drain out. Marinating in wine and herbs heightens the flavour and also further reduces fat.