Steamed vegetable risotto
- 300 g Carnaroli or Vialone Nano rice
- 100 g baby peas
- 100 g asparagus tips
- 100 g courgettes (green part only)
- 2 carrots, a stick of celery, one onion
- 4 Savoy cabbage leaves
- 100 g diced ham
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped parsley
– extra virgin olive oil
– 1.6 l water for the stock
– salt and pepper.
• Blanch the cabbage leaves in salted water for about 1 minute.
• Dice the carrots, asparagus and courgettes.
• Pour the water into the base of the Steamer; add some carrot, onion and celery, plus a bouquet garni. Salt the water and bring it to the boil.
• Cover the base of the Steamer basket with the blanched cabbage leaves.
• Place the rice and vegetables into the covered glass basket.
• Cook with the lid on for around 10 minutes. Stir and cook for a further 15 minutes.
• While stirring, add the diced ham, two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, and the finely chopped parsley.
• Serve hot.
Useful information: the rice must never come into contact with the water beneath it; line the Steamer basket with blanched vegetable leaves or with a piece of gauze. The remaining stock is excellent for preparing soups.