- 200 g Vialone Nano rice
- 140 g olive pâté
- 2 dl stock
- 2 dl milk
- 1 shallot
- 40 g Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of 00 flour
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- extra virgin olive oil for frying
- salt and pepper to season
Gently fry the shallot in a saucepan with two spoons of oil until soft. Add the rice and toast it slightly, then pour in the warm stock and milk.
Lastly, add 40 g of the olive pâté, cover the pan, and cook for around 15 minutes (the mixture should have the consistency of a risotto).
• Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining olive pâté and the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper and leave to cool.
• Form balls the size of olives, dust them with flour, and dip them first in the beaten egg and then in the breadcrumbs. Lastly, set them on a tray.
• Fry the balls in the Wok (boiling oil) for 2-3 minutes, until golden.
• Serve hot.
Useful information: the same recipe can be prepared using sliced mushrooms, sautéed asparagus tips or other vegetables, as long as they are cooked and very finely chopped.